Wednesday 15 October 2014

Review of The Malory Band

A gastric Band is a special inflatable band

The Band is placed around the top portion of the patient’s stomach, creating a small pouch that limits or reduces the amount of food which you are able to eat at any one time.

The Malory band

The Malory Band is a weight loss tool created by Penny Mallory and based on a concept used by ancient Egyptians, Americans and Indians.

Let’s be realistic. This band isn’t suddenly going to make you thin, but then what is? However it did make me aware of what I was eating and to be blunt – it made me aware of my podgy stomach! It made me want to make better food choices, eat smaller portions and not eat things that would make me bloat and make the band tight.

For most of the time I was quite aware of its presence and that helped focus my mind on my dieting goal and stopped me reaching for the biscuits.

There is also the added incentive that as you lose weight you can adjust the band to make it smaller, which I’m sure would spur

Read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment